Land use problems for transportation on the old road Between the cities of Hit and Ramadi
The use of transportation and traffic is the basic element for the growth and development of human activities for its active role in the development of economic, social and political functions and the achievement of development. In this research, transportation problems were studied, most notably the problem of congestion and traffic accidents on the Heat-Grayy road, in order to find the appropriate solutions. The results of the study showed that land uses for transportation, that vital element responsible for the flow of movement, transport and traffic, are related to a number of problems. The most important of these problems was the transportation means used, as well as the path of movement (the road), which results in traffic accidents that lead to loss of life in many cases. Another problem is visual pollution and its impact on social, environmental and economic aspects. In addition to the poor infrastructure, such as the one-lane road. All of these dilemmas and others require identifying the most important solutions and proposals for them, based on the opinions of a sample of the population. The method of data collection consisted of distributing a questionnaire form to conduct a statistical study to identify those problems, which were discussed to reach the
2. Al-Anbari. Riyad Hassan, Interpretation of some indicators of environmental capacity for urban transport planning requirements, Master's thesis, University of Baghdad, 1990.
3. Hawalif. Rahima, The Economic and Social Costs of Traffic Accidents in Algeria, published research, Al-Bahith Magazine, No. 11, 2012.
4. Alkharabisha, Atef Ali and Othman Muhammad. Studies in Urban and Environmental Planning, No. 2, 1st Edition, Community Library for Publishing and Distribution, 2010.
5. Dai. Juma'a Ali, Transport and Traffic Problems in the City of Baghdad, Adab Magazine, Baghdad, No. 90, 2009.
6. 6. Rasool, Ahmed Habib. Transport and International Trade, Al-Hawadith Press, Baghdad, 1981.
7. Al-Zaydi. Nashwan Mahmoud, Visual Pollution, Comprehensive Press, Iraq, 2020.
8. Al-Samarrai, Majeed Molouk, Contemporary Transportation Geography and its Computer Applications, The Arab Press, Jordan, Al-Maisuri House for Publishing and Distribution, 2015.
9. Al-Fawzan. Muhannad Khaled, the transport sector and its role in economic development, www.suhuf.net.sa/2001jazhd/jun.
1. The field study from 1/8/2012 to 1/9/2021.
2. Using the noise meter twice on 5-10/8/2021.
3. Personal interviews with some drivers of vehicles on the Heat-Ramadi road
Copyright (c) 2022 Thi Qar Arts Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Thi Qar Arts Journal is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows users to copy, to create extracts, abstracts and new works from the Article, to alter and revise the Article, and to make commercial use of the Article (including reuse and/or resale of the Article by commercial entities), provided the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI), provides a link to the license, indicates if changes were made and the licensor is not represented as endorsing the use made of the work. The authors hold the copyright for their published work on IJVS website, while IJVS responsible for appreciate citation for their work, which is released under CC-BY-4.0 enabling the unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of an article in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.